A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury resulting from a blow to the head or a sudden, forceful movement causing the brain to impact the skull. While concussions are often considered mild, their effects can be significant and require careful attention. Common causes of concussions include sports injuries, falls, motor vehicle accidents, and other traumatic incidents.
Comprehensive Concussion Assessment
Dr. Ken begins with a thorough assessment to understand the extent of your concussion, which forms the basis of your personalized treatment plan. He specializes in evaluating cognitive function, balance, coordination, and other symptoms associated with concussions.
Personalized Concussion Treatment
Dr. Ken’s approach to concussion therapy is tailored to your unique needs and challenges. He understands that no two concussions are alike, and each individual requires a specialized plan for recovery. Here’s how our treatment process works:
1. Initial Evaluation: Dr. Ken will conduct a comprehensive evaluation to assess your symptoms, cognitive function, and physical well-being.
2. Individualized Treatment Plan: Based on the evaluation, Dr. Ken will create a personalized treatment plan that may include a combination of therapies, exercises, and cognitive training.
3. Rest and Recovery: Complete rest including bedrest is only recommended for the first 24-48 hours in more severe cases of concussion. People with mild to moderate concussions should gradually re-introduce their everyday activities based on their symptoms. Dr Ken will guide you more specifically based on your specific case.
4. Gradual Return to Activities: As your symptoms improve, Dr. Ken will guide you through a step-by-step process to safely reintroduce physical activities and cognitive tasks.
5. Dizziness Rehabilitation: Concussion rehabilitation often involves dizziness rehabilitation to improve, reading, screen tolerance, neck pain, balance, and cognitive function.
6. Multidisciplinary Approach: Dr. Ken collaborates with other healthcare professionals, such as neurologists and physical therapists, to ensure comprehensive care.
Restoring Your Life Post-Concussion
Dr. Ken understands that a concussion can disrupt your life in various ways, affecting your ability to work, study, and enjoy everyday activities. His goal is to support you on your journey to recovery, focusing on:
1. Symptom Management: We address your concussion symptoms, such as headaches, dizziness, sensitivity to light or sound, and cognitive difficulties.
2. Safe Return to Activities: Dr. Ken will guide you through a systematic process to safely reintegrate physical and cognitive activities into your routine.
3. Education: We provide you with essential information about concussions, helping you understand your condition and manage it effectively.
4. Emotional Support: Coping with a concussion can be challenging. Dr. Ken offers emotional support and guidance throughout your recovery.
5. Long-Term Wellness: Our focus extends beyond recovery – we equip you with strategies to promote long-term brain health and prevent future concussions.